Welcome to Anna’s Book Clinic
1-to-1 tutorials for aspiring novelists
Do you have the glimmer of an idea for a book, a few chapters in hand, or even a first manuscript? My Book Clinic will help you develop your characters and storyline, generate new ideas and enhance your writing, to give you the best shot at publication.
With a raft of bestselling, published work in a variety of genres, I can stimulate your creativity and help get the ideas flowing again.
Writing should be pleasurable, and my warm, approachable manner will encourage you to reach a high professional standard in your work.
How it works
(1) To give me an idea of whether I can help you, start by sending me a short example of what you’re working on.
(2) Then I’ll ask for your synopsis or manuscript and I’ll spend the next week having a thorough read through, making detailed notes.
(3) Next, we’ll have an hour long, personal tutorial, by Skype. This is where we’ll solve problems and discuss new developments.
(4) I’ll follow this with a written report, capturing ideas and suggestions from our discussion to improve your draft, ready for where you want to take it next.
Some of the areas we can work on include style, narrative flow, pace, dialogue, character development, plot, structure, themes and storyline.
For this first stage, the costs vary, depending on the stage that your initial manuscript is at:
- First ideas: £250
- Synopsis and first five chapters: £450
- Manuscripts of up to 50,000 words: £799
- Manuscripts of over 50,000 words: £899
- Manuscripts of over 100,000 words: £1,299
(All prices include VAT)
After this first stage, you should have lots of inspiration for developing and revising your work. If you’d like further follow-up sessions, to consolidate and polish your ideas, we can arrange weekly hour-long consultations by Skype. I can also offer a final edit before submission to agents.
- Follow-up consultations (1 hour): £150 each
- Final edit package (includes a final read through and report, and two hour-long skype consultations): £499
I look forward to working with you and sharing my ideas and passion for writing.